In today’s episode, we talk to Ranny McKee, the President of Elegant Homes, a Las Vegas based custom home builder of luxury estates and dream houses from $1M and up. With a passion in building and construction since childhood, which seems to be within the family, (with his younger son following suit), Ranny has worked in the industry for over 35 years. Even a tragic accident that made him crippled for a year couldn’t stop his dream. Today, he and his team at the Elegant Homes work on at least three major projects every year. Driven by passion and a dream to offer perfection and quality around all his projects, his company has built a good reputation and trust among his clients that he even works without signing a contract but just a handshake!
Tune in to listen to Ranny’s journey, and how he overcame the tragic accident to become one of the top custom home builders in Las Vegas, NV.
- [01:41] The home on Las Vegas Build Magazine cover
- [07:03] Who makes the design selection?
- [09:41] Building the first house
- [12:59] How Ranny works without contract but just handshakes with clients
- [16:33] What houses does Ranny build?
- [19:05] How the pandemic affected the construction business
- [25:02] Ranny’s biggest stress in construction
- [39:23] Ranny story and the fatal accident
- [56:26] How Ranny started Elegant Homes
- [57:59] What Ranny’s kids have learned from his struggles
- [1:00:23] Like father like sons
- [1:04:44] Looking back 30 years ago.
- [1:06:39] Delivering the best to clients
- [1:09:20] What is Ranny proud of?
Connect with Guest
Key Quotes from Episode
- That house was a very unique house. The client came to me and he said I want something that is over the top, that literally blows everything in Las Vegas away. And there was no limit.
- I told him, “man, how are we going to build this house?” And he goes, “I don’t know but we are going to have fun trying.”
- I’m such a perfectionist that I’d like to be able to go to all my houses and make sure they’re perfect.
- You do such a great job with your reputation, you’ll always keep going.
- If the house is built right, there shouldn’t be problems.
- The doctor said, “his hands would never work. Other things may come back but the hands take so much.”
- Building a house is stressful but it doesn’t have to be.
- I’m just so blessed to have two kids that enjoy what I do.
Connect with the industry’s best tradespeople in your area.