With its stunning natural beauty, one of the most important aspects of Hawai’i homeownership is its outdoor space. In order to appreciate this natural beauty to the fullest, a relaxing and comfortable outdoor area is key. With a near-endless array of options, you can stand to benefit from hiring an outdoor living expert. Bringing professional opinions and expertise to the table, they’ll help you to design an outdoor space perfectly suited to your home.
HOW CAN AN OUTDOOR LIVING EXPERT HELP?
There’s a lot that goes into a well-designed outdoor space. Between the basic aspects like layout, stonework, and lighting, and the exciting custom add ons, like a pool or a water feature, you’ve got a lot of options. An outdoor living expert can help you narrow down your options, using their design knowledge in conjunction with your vision for the space.
Outdoor living experts understand the importance of cohesion in an outdoor environment, but at the same time work to meet the needs of the client. Working with you throughout the process, they will not only flesh out your ideas but offer their own professional input as well. Wondering which style would work best? Which material to use? An outdoor living expert has the answers.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK WITH A HAWAI’I OUTDOOR LIVING EXPERT?
The process of designing an outdoor space is surprisingly involved. You’ll be working with your outdoor living expert throughout the process, giving your opinions on materials, layouts, and the like. Though a design expert offers advice, the final call is yours. As such, you’ll be the one to give your designer the go-ahead when it comes to major design decisions.
A local provider will have an excellent understanding of the area, and as such, know which materials, design elements, and plants will work best for your outdoor environment, so with proper maintenance, your outdoor space will stay as beautiful as it started out for years on end.
QUESTIONS TO ASK ABOUT HAWAI’I OUTDOOR LIVING PROVIDERS
- What would you consider your field of expertise?
- How well have past projects aged?
- Can I speak to any past clients as referrals?
- Do you have a portfolio of your past work I can view?
- What do your services include? (Stonework, pools, fire pits, etc.)
- Can you provide any references of recent buyers/occupants?
- What is your financing plan?
- Is the floor plan flexible— can additions be made?
- Can a room, such as the basement, be left unfinished?
- How much customizing can be done versus opting for standard features?
- Can appliances be up or down-graded?
- Are there any additional fees besides the building cost?
- Is there a homeowners’ association, and if so, what are the rules and dues?
- Do you offer a warranty?
- Does the price include landscaping, and is there a guarantee on the plants?
- Are there any local restrictive covenants?
- What is the estimated property tax?
- What are local amenities like?
- Are there any major development plans for the area in the next five years?