Today, Ted talks with Tim MacCormac, Owner of [temac] Development. Tim is a builder and graduate of the Del E. Webb School of Construction and Engineering College at Arizona State University. He uses his 20+ years of experience and his father’s teachings, Robert McCormac, to run Temac today.
Established in 2003, Tim builds impactful homes and businesses for his clients that are viewed as the best-built and best experience for each of our clients from design to move-in, with a slew of industrial facilities, commercial properties, and 600-plus residential homes under his belt. Tim’s larger-than-life perspective gave him the perfect mindset and drive to build a successful build and design firm that is Termac Development today!
Tim discusses his personal journey to building a successful construction company and how he leverages the teachings of his father and the military to take Temac Development to greater heights. He further explained the technology in the construction industry that excites him the most.
- [00:44] The $12million house in Paradise Valley
- [06:08] Tim’s background story in construction
- [11:32] Tim’s transition from production to customer homes
- [15:00] What Tim learned from the people in the military that he applies to Temac
- [19:09] The most incredible things about Temac construction
- [23:55] Is Scottsdale city user-friendly for construction?
- [25:14] The number of homes Temac builds in a year
- [27:35] The available land for construction in Scottsdale
- [29:09] The biggest challenges Tim has faced with the business
- [35:16] What Tim teaches the younger people on his team to keep them motivated
- [38:40] The future plan for Temac
- [43:29] What excites Tim the most about where he has come from and where he is going
- [49:58] The technology that Tim loves the most
Connect with Guest
Key Quotes from Episode
- Always carry yourself lower than anybody else. Don’t take credit. Put your head down and your eyes forward and respect other people around you.
- Everybody is bogged down with so much work. You have to get a lead of management on every part, every scope, and on everything that everybody is involved with.
- The biggest challenge faced by construction companies is growing, trying to figure out the sweet spot because everything is up. Labor prices are up, and wages are up.
- In a healthy market, for Scottsdale and Phoenix, there are 35,000 homes in the market. Right now, there are 4400 homes which is 13% of a healthy market. That is why the prices are going crazy.
- When you really care about your people, you can get in their faces and challenge them because they know you love them.
Connect with the industry’s best tradespeople in your area.