Today Ted speaks with Heather Osmond, owner of a Utah-based award-winning interior design firm with 22,000 square foot showrooms in both Orem and Lehi. With two decades of experience under her belt, Heather is proud of her company’s reputation for unmatched customer service, pricing, and furniture brand selection. Osmond Designs’s list of accolades include being a seven-time Best of State winner for Interior Design, as well as Best Interior Design in Utah Valley’s Parade of Homes 2011-2019. The firm is also a nine-time Houzz Award winner for Heather Osmond and her “dream-team” for both highest level for client satisfaction and interior design services.
Listen in as Heather shares why she believes that “home is the most important place on Earth,” and how this belief translates into her work as an interior designer. She goes down memory lane, reflecting on how she built what is today the biggest interior design and furniture company in the state.
- [02:45] Passing on the wisdom of entrepreneurship to the kids
- [05:22] The power of dreaming big
- [09:31] Heather’s all-time favorite client stories
- [11:42] Osmond Designs’s amazing stores
- [18:11] Building the biggest interior design and furniture company in the state
- [22:13] The future of Osmond Designs
- [24:54] What makes Osmond Designs Unique
- [28:02] How Pinterest and Houzz changed Osmond Designs
- [31:54] Granny Panties at the store
- [34:02] Heather on how anyone can live the American Dream
Key Quotes from Episode
- Building a home is a team effort. It’s not just the interior designer or the electrician or the plumber. Everybody feeling passionate and doing their best is what makes a home incredible.
- It’s my sacred responsibility to help [my clients] make their home somewhere they love to be.
- You only fail if you don’t get back up, because all of us are going to get knocked down.
- What makes Osmond Designs unique and me, specifically, is that I listen to my clients, and I genuinely care about them and their family and how they live.
- If you’re willing to live like no one will, you can live like no one can
Connect with the industry’s best tradespeople in your area.